Saturday, March 12, 2011

True stories of Vegas, undergrads and 'sequeling' Red

Generally, doing things over the phone isn't great entertainment - and usually it's a rule that you don't do that. However, these days, so much more is done on phones that it's hard to avoid. That being said, this is loaded with dialogue to push the story forward

This is the beginning of a new 2-page scene called Barney's Recon. I didn't realize until just now that it's merely 2 pages long. Sorry it's taken so long to get it up. The next scene shouldn't be too long either, and then BAM we're into Act II, which I'm really looking forward to.

The first act has taken a while and has been a growing experience, so I'm getting into the swing of things and looking forward to carrying the story and characters forward in a fun and exciting way.

Bad on me for a little bit, too - Casey has two left hands on this page. I didn't notice until after I'd inked the page. On a more professional project I might have gone back and changed it. But there are enough delays on this project as it is - I'm happy to just give'er and get'er done.


Click to read more at tomb-of-the-undead.blogspot.com. Thanks.

Graphic novel news

OMNI Mystery News.com


Collider is reporting that Summit Entertainment has hired Jon Hoeber and Erich Hoeber, the screenwriters who adapted Warren Ellis and Cully Hamner's graphic novel Red, to write a sequel. The film, also titled Red, stars Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, Morgan Freeman, and John Malkovich as retired spies who re-team to learn who has targeted them for elimination. The brothers also recently adapted the graphic novel Whiteout.

This is an interesting development and one we'll be sure to follow. Besides, where else can you find ever so proper Dame Helen Mirren wielding high-powered automatic weaponry!
Click to read more.

The Busy Life of Raina
Raina Khatri
Wordpress.com

It’s recently been brought to my attention that people actually read my blog, so I thought an update is in order.

I’m in my last semester as an undergraduate now (eek!) and working hard to find something amazing to do next year. I’m looking at science writing jobs and have applied to a few graduate schools. It’s exhilarating and stressful at the same time–I could be anywhere next year, doing anything!

I’m going to the AAAS meeting this February as a student journalist, and I’m very thankful to be funded to do so by the National Association of Science Writers. I’ll be meeting other young science writers and I’ll be paired with a senior science writer for a day, so I’m looking forward to the entire meeting experience.

This semester I’m getting back into art with my graphic novels class. I spent much of my winter break drawing. Like Tom Baker here.

I already have a book idea–I want to write a graphic novel with history of science content. I think it’s a medium people of all education levels can read and enjoy.

Unfortunately the book is on hold, because I’m also taking Media Production 2 this semester. One of my projects for the class is to produce a science show. I think it’s about time for another fun show like Bill Nye. Here at Hope I have fellow students and equipment to work with, so I can produce it cheaply. I’m pretty excited about the show and will post more about it once it gets going.
Click to read more.

Geek News: Las Vegas Graphic Novel Launches With Fundraiser for Local Charities
Geeklife editor
geek-life.com



Fans of the serial webcomic The Utopian will have not one but two opportunities to get their hands on the new trade paperback collecting the entire story next weekend, as well as to meet and chat with writer/artist Pj Perez.

On Friday, Jan. 21, from 5 to 8 p.m., Perez will appear at a benefit for Spread the Word Nevada, a non-profit organization that provides books to schools to promote literacy among children. Held at Sunrise Coffee (3130 E. Sunset Road, Suite A) and organized by the Avant Arts Collective, the event is also slated to feature authors of The Perpetual Engine of Hope, live poetry by Harry Fagel and Kari O’Connor, and a wine-and-cheese bar benefiting the charity. Perez will have copies of The Utopian for sale, and will be donating 25 percent of sales to Spread the Word.

The next day, Saturday, Jan. 22, from noon to 3 p.m., the official release party for The Utopian trade paperback will be held at Alternate Reality Comics (4110 S. Maryland Parkway, #8). Perez will be joined by cover artist Hernan Valencia, and both artists will be available to sign comics, talk with guests and even do sketches (as time permits). Attendees are asked to bring items for babies, children, pets and more to donate to The Shade Tree shelter for women, children and pets. (A list of needed items can be found here: www.theshadetree.org/wishlist.shtml) Alternate Reality will provide refreshments as well as hold a raffle to give away comics and merchandise, including signed copies of The Utopian.

The Utopian trade paperback collects all 109 pages of “America’s Most Emo Comic Strip” within a beautiful, digitally painted cover by Valencia, who illustrated many of the covers for the quarterly, single issues of The Utopian. As a bonus, Perez has included eight pages of full annotations, detailing the secret history and process behind every page of the graphic novel.
Click to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, I am glad you have taken the time to leave a comment. Thanks - I am looking forward to reading it.