Tuesday, December 14, 2010

page 18 - No Guts, no glory

Yeah - here's the next page in the comic - I've just finished inking page 20, and I hope to get the shading done shortly and then onto the next page. The 20 page mark has been important to me, I'm not sure why. But I've been looking forward to it for a while - I think it demonstrates a pretty significant commitment.

Anyhow - here's the latest scene.

I'm getting a lot more comfortable drawing thees characters, too - which helps a lot.

Stay tuned for the beginning of the next scene, "I tend to agree with your partner."

Graphic Novel News
Atalanta: The Race Against Destiny
Sterg Botzakis
Graphic Novel Resources



This book tells a pretty exceptional Greek myth: girl is born and rejected by father who wanted a boy. She is left in the wilderness to die but is raised by a she-bear. Afterward, a family of hunters take her in and teach her to be human, but she is the fastest, strongest human ever. S0 she becomes a great hunter and goes to the Oracle at Delphi to hear her fortune. Warned of a disaster that would accompany marriage, she decides she does not need any man.

BUT, she is so beautiful that men throw themselves at her. So to give herself some peace she makes a contest where any man who beats her in a race gets to marry her, but anyone who loses is put to death. Not many men take her up on this opportunity, but still there is a fellow named Hippomenes, who has a plan and a few golden apples... click to read more.
I'd post some more links, but my ISP seems to be lagging considerably.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, I am glad you have taken the time to leave a comment. Thanks - I am looking forward to reading it.